For the Motorcycle Safety Foundation (MSF) Courses (BRC, IME):
Prepayment for ALL MSF courses shall be subject to refund as follows:
(1) I understand and agree that I must give Big Apple Motorcycle School, Inc. a minimum of one (1) week (7 days) cancellation or reschedule notice (close of business day) in order to receive a refund.
(2a) I understand and agree that if I must cancel or reschedule in the one-week (7-day) period prior to the scheduled class, I (the student) will forfeit:
i) for the Basic RiderCourse (BRC): one hundred dollars ($100).
ii) for the Introductory Motorcycle Experience (IME): fifty dollars ($50).
iii) for the Basic RiderCourse 2 Skills Practice (BRC2SP): fifty dollars ($50).
iv) for the Basic RiderCourse 2 License Waiver (BRC2-LW): one hundred dollars ($100).
(2b) I understand and agree that if I (the student) cancel or reschedule within 48 hours of the start of the course, I will forfeit the entire fee and not receive a refund.
(3) I understand and agree that any cancelations and/or rescheduling must be done in writing via email, fax or mail with a confirmation of receipt of the cancellation and/or reschedule by Big Apple Motorcycle School. “Call in” cancelations will NOT be accepted as complete.
(4) I understand and agree that if I fail to attend any of my course sessions once the course begins, I will forfeit the entire course fee and that no make-up classes will be given if I fail to meet the attendance requirements. It is understood and agreed that I must attend ALL sessions of the course with no exceptions.
(5) I understand and agree that I must allow additional time in my course scheduling for the possibility of inclement weather conditions for motorcycle riding or extended learning time.
(6) I understand and agree that should I fail to provide my own motorcycle gear as follows: over the ankle boots, long pants, long sleeved shirt or jacket, I will not be permitted to participate in the course and subject to forfeiture of all course fees. For the BRC2, I understand and agree that I must also provide a registered and insured motorcycle or scooter in good condition (subject to safety inspection).
(7) I understand and agree that there is a possibility that I may be counseled out of the class because I may not be able to achieve the objectives of the range exercises within the allotted time or I fail to abide by course safety and instructional guidelines as set forth by the RiderCoaches and if this should occur I forfeit the remainder of the course fee.
(8) I understand that I must be on time for all classes, that I will not be allowed in once class begins, and that if I am late; this will result in the forfeiture of my entire course fee. I also understand that the class will be held rain or shine.
(9) I understand that this application is NON-TRANSFERABLE.
(10) I understand and agree that Big Apple Motorcycle School has the right to cancel a class at any time at their discretion for reasons including but not limited to; class size, extreme weather, etc. Make up time will be made available.
(11) I understand and agree that it is my responsibility to have a valid NYS Driver’s license at the START of the Basic RiderCourse in order to participate in the class. A NYS Motorcycle Learner’s permit is recommended but not required for training (see Changes to Learner’s Permit Requirements) but IS REQUIRED to be eligible for NYS benefits.
(11a) I also agree that it is my responsibility to complete the the online learning component of this course (if applicable) prior to the start of class.
(11b) For the Basic RiderCourse 2 with License Waiver (BRC2+LW), I understand and agree that it is my responsibility to have a valid NYS Motorcycle Learner’s permit at the START of class! I further agree that I am an experienced motorcyclist and have held a learner’s permit for at least one year prior to the start of the BRC2+LW. I also agree that it is my responsibility to complete the the online learning component of this course prior to the start of class. I also agree to provide their my own street-legal and safe motorcycle for use during the class.
(12) I understand and agree that failure to sign an acceptance of risk and waiver of liability prior to the first riding session will result in the forfeiture of my entire course fee.
(13) I understand and agree that participation in this course requires physical stamina, motor coordination and mental alertness. I also agree that any use of alcohol, prescription or non-prescription drugs that could impair performance is prohibited.
(14) I understand and agree that it is my responsibility to obtain confirmation of acceptance into the class I registered for and failure to do so on my part will result in me waiving my right to receive a refund of monies for that failure of performance on my part. Big Apple Motorcycle School confirmation letters may be sent online, faxed or sent USPS, but failure of that confirmation to make it to any of the aforementioned (because of spam folders, wrong numbers or addresses, typographical errors, etc.) provided will not become the burden of Big Apple Motorcycle School and all monies collected for the class are considered to be the in good and complete performance of Big Apple Motorcycle School. A “no show” for a class FOR ANY REASON including the failure to obtain a confirmation is considered to be a complete forfeiture of all tuition and no refunds will be given. Once a registration is agreed upon and completed online, please consider that your credit card will be charged and the option of refund will only be given if the class has overflowed (which we will notify you) or a proper cancellation is given as outlined above.
I have carefully read this release and understand the contents of this policy, and I voluntarily agree to the terms as stated as my own free act by registering for this course.
For One-on-One lessons or other non-MSF services:
(1) Except for contracts executed by schools licensed by the New York State Education Department and subject to the refund provisions of regulations promulgated by that Department,
Prepayment for lessons and other services shall be subject to refund as follows:
If the student, having given prior notice of at least 24 hours, withdraws from or discontinues a prepaid course of instruction or series of lessons before completion thereof, or from any other service for which prepayment has been made, or if the school is unable or unwilling to complete such prepaid course of instruction, or series of lessons before completion thereof, or from any other service for which prepayment has been made, or if the school is unable or unwilling to complete such prepaid course of instruction, or series of lessons, or to provide such other prepaid service, all payment made by the student to the school shall be refunded except:
(i) an amount equal to the enrollment fee, if any, specified in the contract or expressly receipted for, not to exceed the sum of $10 or 10 percent of the total, whichever is greater, specified cost of such course of instruction or series of lessons and
(ii) the school’s per-lesson tuition charge for each lesson already taken by the student which charge shall be determined by dividing the total cost of such course of instruction or series of lessons by the number of lessons included therein.